Monday, February 16, 2009

Guess Who's Back?


Well after a long break, I'm back! Hope that you have all had a wonderful Valentine's Day spent with the ones you love! I got to spend it with the one I love and I had an amazing time! My boyfriend took me to Yew at the Four Seasons which was this beaufiful resturant with the most amazing touches.
The decor was amazing and the lounge served for an intimate setting with great drinks! I loved the idea of the open kitchen so you could see your diner being prepared.

We had the yummy Lover's Sharing Menu which started off with a dozen raw oysters with six different sauces to accommodate them. I also loved the bread basket that they brought which had these amazing bread sticks. The main course was a surf and turf with two amazing steaks on a bed of lightly seasoned baby potatoes with a lobster tail over mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was sooo good, I was inspired to learn how to make my own instead of the one from the box. Dessert was a Chocolate Ecstasy Cake with a raspberry compote on the side with a white chocolate heart. And they offered us these amazing almonds and heart shaped jam filled shortbread as a souvenir. If you are ever in Vancouver, I would highly recommend Yew!

What did you do for Valentine's Day?

No comments: