Sunday, September 20, 2009

LoveDBM Review


Today's review comes from a lovely etsy shop Love DBM whose lovely designer Melissa designs all of the jewerly featured in the Love DBM etsy shop! Melissa is a very talented designer and she is only eighteen! I have to say she is very professional and takes great care in her designs and customer service.

What I love most about her shop is that portions of proceeds donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! I love when stores donate some of their proceeds to a cause because it doesn't make me feel guilty when I spend money cause I get something pretty and it's for a good cause....at least that's what I'd like my mom to believe!

Melissa was so sweet to understand my situation of being so busy in school! I felt really bad since I was supposed to hold this review much earlier but Melissa was so understanding since she has school as well! She was so nice to send me one of her best sellers: The Buddha Bracelet in 14k Gold! A huge trend that is in Hollywood right now is the piles and piles of bracelets that celebs pile on their arms, seriously it looks like they get a workout everytime they lift thier arms up! And many celebs love the look of wooden bracelts with golden charms on it! Now for the most of us we may love this look, but we don't have the money to spend! Melissa's peices definetly offer a great and affordable option!

It didn't take me long to get the bracelet and Melissa even wrote me a very sweet note on Hello Kitty stationary!! I really love Hello Kitty so I felt that it was an awesome touch! At first I was afraid that the bracelt would be honking huge and be too obvious but I was so relieved and pleased to discover that the bracelet was very delicate and finely detailed! I really love the ebony beads and how they nicely highlight the little gold Buddha charm that is actually dipped in 14K gold and shines so bright! I loved the little Buddha charm that hangs from the braclet and I would say that Melissa was right in saying that he brought good luck! I really enjoy wearing this bracelet piled on with the other bracelets that I have, and I feel that it really does stand out nicely in contrast with the others.

I have had many nice compliments that the the charm is nice and shiny! I also loved that it fit on my hand! I have freakishly small wrists and it's often really hard to find bracelets that won't fall off my hand. I swear I have lost so many bracelets simply from it slipping off! =( The bracelet is on a 6.5 inch jelly cord which can stretch to accomodate any size wrist, meaning anyone and everyone can wear it!!!

Melissa has a small shop but what she lacks in size she makes up in quality! She really has some amazing designs in her shop and I really love all of the amazing colours and textures that are featured! I would have to say that my favourite peices would have to be her Mimosa bracelet that are made with tons and tons of amazing (200+ to be exact) swarovski crystals and glass beads!!

Make sure to check back soon to see how you can win the amazing bracelet that I was very lucky to review!

1 comment:

Erica said...

very nice!!!