Friday, December 25, 2009

Clutch That! Review


As you well know today is Christmas!!! Yay! And with Christmas time comes parties....tons and tons of parties! Parties were you not only have to stress over what to bring but more importantly what to wear! And nothing is more important than accessories....it either makes or breaks an outfit. This year I can do no wrong because I'll be carrying the latest arm candy! I guess my boyfriend would be considered arm candy, but I think that my beautiful new clutch from Clutch That! fits the description better!!!

Clutch That! is the amazing etsy shop of Rosemary who specializes in clutches! If you are looking to add the wow factor to an outfit, a clutch from Clutch That! is perfect! The beauty of these clutches is that they can be worn with many outfits and that they make the easy transition from a daytime clutch to a clutch that would look perfect at a black tie event or even a wedding! In fact Rosemary specializes in clutches that can be customized for the whole wedding party! If you are a bride looking for an item that your bridesmaids will love, Clutch That! has an amazing array of sets for Bridesmaids! And if you buy more than three, Rosemary offers great discounts so that your bridesmaids will get clutches that they will love and you can get to use the money you saved on getting yourself something special!

All of the clutches in Clutch That! are painstakingly handcrafted with love by Rosemary. No detail is too small and it is definetly a quality piece! Rosemary sources and uses only the highest quality of silks, fabrics and materials in each one. And each clutch is custom made to meet your specifications. If you need to modify a design Rosemary will be more than happy to work with you in order to ensure that the clutch you receive will meet your needs! She also offers a monograming service which makes an already unique clutch even more so! I really love her clutches because they offer such amazing embelishments that you don't really see on other clutches. From using real peacock feathers to beaded embroidery, I feel as those little extras really adds a great punch! Not to mention her love of using bright and vibrant colours in her designs!

I was beyond excited that I had the chance to review one of Rosemary's clutches, I mean look at them they are so gorgeous!!!! It was such a difficult decision because I loved every single design! I was torn over so many designs but in the end I decided to go with The Peacock Silk Clutch Purse Large Size Peacock Splendor! I know that I need lots of room in order to store my stuff so I thought that this would be the perfect size. And Rosemary was extremely helpful in suggesting that a certain dimension looked better, and I decided to go with her advice because she is the designer after all.

The clutch I got to review...don't worry it looks like there is a crease in the material but it was just the way in which the flash hit it!

Shipping did not take as long as I expected because things always takes a while to ship to Canada! When I opened the box I was so delighted at the presentation! The clutch was carefully wrapped and nestled in tissue paper and was also stuffed with tissue paper so that it would maintain it's shape. The clutch looks so much more beautifull in real life and it has such an amazing sheen and shine to it! It also looks so professional because her seams line up perfectly with one another and the way that the frame is attatched to the fabric is flawless! I also like how she reinforces her seams because it makes the clutch as strong as it is beautiful.

Close up of the fabric and the peacock feather embroidery

The clutch is made of an amazing silk brocade and is embroidered with amazing details! I love how the teal background perfectly offsets the bright metallics of the peacock feathers. The feathers are amazing because depending on how the light hits it, the feathers can change from gold to silver in appearance! The brocade is nice and thick and you can tell that it is of very nice quality and it seems as though it is snagproof, which is always a big worry of mine with silk!
A closer look at the inside of the clutch

The inside of the clutch is lined with an amazing cream satin and a tag rests on the bottom so that you know that it is a genuine Clutch That! Original Design. Rosemary has also made this clutch super durable by layering a heavy stablilizer and hypo-allegenic batting between the silk brocade and the satin which helps to give the clutch structure so that it won't sag or be slouchy and keep its shape and it will be soft when you hold it. My clutch has a shiny silver frame but it can also be made in an antique brass frame as well!

Me rocking my new clutch! (Excuse the nails!!)

Thankfully the clutch arrived when it did because I had a friends birthday party that night, and it was the perfect venue to showcase my amazing clutch! All of my friends loved it and loved how soft it was and was surprised that it was able to fit my stuff! I managed to put quite a bit in the clutch including: two lip glosses, an eyeliner pot, my wallet, my cell phone and my keys! There was still some room left after so this clutch is definitely roomy! I totatally love this clutch so much that I have taken it out with me to all of the parties and events that I have attended!

Other clutches I'm in love with:



I love love LOVE my new clutch and I would definetly suggest heading on over to Clutch That! to drool over some amazing clutches and pick up a few for yourself and some lucky recipients! And if you love my clutch fear not, because Rosemary is not only super sweet to work with but super generous because she is going to offer a clutch from Clutch That! to one very lucky The Giveaway Diva reader! Look out for the giveaway sometime next week!

Disclosure: I recieved a clutch courtesy of Rosemary and Clutch That! in order to conduct a review. I was not given monetary compensation in order to do the review and all thoughts and opinions are that of my own.

4 comments:

katevet said...

Is this great giveaway limited to only US? hope not! I love all these beautiful clutches!

BroncoMom said...

These clutches are simply beautiful.
Wow, some of these would make a special bridal gift!

warmfuzzies said...

Love, love, love it!! I do not own a clutch and would love one! How gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you