Saturday, January 23, 2010

eShakti Review


As much as I want it to be, winter isn't over! The best way to make winter bearable in my opinion is being able to be nice and bundled up so that the chill can't get you. A great place to find the clothes that will not only keep you warm but stylish is a great online shop, eShakti.


Now some of you, myself included may usually be wary of purchasing any clothes online simply for the fact that we would hate to get the package in the mail and to open it up to your new shirt, dress, pants or jacket and to put it on only in the realization that it doesn't fit!! I think that is one of my biggest fears when shopping online and I'm very reluctant to purchase any clothes without trying them on first. But with eShakti you should have no fear at all because everything you buy from them is literally made for you! The clothing on thier site is literally made to meet your body's exact measurements! Which means that it will fit you better than any off the rack piece of clothing you can ge In fact eShakti offers a large selection of stylish clothing for women in sizes 0-26W!! eShakti offers custom sizes, as well as the regular standard sizes. I love how they will customize any piece to fit your shape perfectly. This means you do not have to go to the tailor to get your clothing to fit you perfectly!!





I was so lucky to be able to choose something from eShakti to do my review on! It was so difficult to choose something because they truly have some amazing designs and everything is so reasonably priced as well!!! In fact nothing on the eShakti site cost over $120!! I decided upon getting a jacket since it is winter and I find that one of the most used items in my wardrobe are outerware!

The front of the jacket

What the jacket looks like on me!

I chose the Felted batwing sleeve jacket ($89) because I loved the sleeves! Most of my jackets have the more traditional sleeves so I really wanted to get something different to expand my outerware wardrobe! The jacket is made with a very soft felted wool blend and I really loved the quality of the fabric that they used! It was very dense and heavy so that you knew that it was made of superb quality wool. It had a mandarin collar which I appreciated because it did not get in the way and allowed for what I was wearing underneath to be seen. The sleeves are my favourite because they are wide and look quite dramatic! The jacket is then toped off with a belt that can be tied up or left loose.

View of the back of the jacket

The back of the jacket on me!

I also loved the front hook and eye closure because it is easier to fasten the jacket than buttons and it also looks different since I actually have no jackets that have a hook and eye closure. I love the back inverted pleat because it draws attention to the back and helps define my waist even further. Another feature of the jacket that I liked was the pretty ruffled shoulders! The jacket sat just right on the hip and it is fully lined which is another plus! I hate when jackets are not lined, so I really appreciated that eShakti linned their coats and jackets! The jacket was made with 80% wool and 20% nylon which is also great, because it helps prevent the jacket from becoming too itchy! This jacket is extremely warm, although I do need to wear a sweater since the sleeves do not cover my arms, this is a feature of the jacket so don't be alarmed!

Closer up detail of the hook closure and belt

Picture of the side

A warning is that eShakti truly does fit standard sizes, so you really need to know your correct size when ordering! I thought that I was a size two but I guess I really am a size 4! I guess I should have paid better attention to the sizing charts that they provided and answered all of the questions too! So my bad!!! Although the jacket does fit I do feel a bit of a squeeze! But it has NOTHING to do with eShakti, I take accountability for all the blame! Guess it is a great motivation to hit the gym and loose some weight!



You should definitely check out eShakti! They have just brought out their new collection for spring and they have some amazing looking dresses and tops!!! They have also added some great new accesories on their site like amazing looking necklaces! Great news is that they also ship your item out within three days and shipping is fast so you can get your new item quickly!




Look out for a great giveaway from them soon!!!

*Disclosure: This was not a paid post and honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. Thank you to eShakti who supplied the products for the review .

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I don't see the $20 off $30? I went through the checkout process and was at the final "place order" page and it there was nothing about $20 off $30?

The Giveaway Diva said...

HI Heather!!

I'm so sorry but looks like that offer expired!! so sorry for the confusion!

Michelle said...

That dress in the top picture is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

I just ordered! Got a really pretty blue dress and a nice ivory top. thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.