Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spammers Strike Again!

Uggh another problem on the Spammers front! I just got an email from a reader who informed me that someone had emailed them with my blogpost link embedded in their message. I don't know if anyone else has gotten an email like this, but this is the first time I have heard about it!

This is what the email said:

Hello.
I am"miss Sandra single, how are you? hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I saw your contact in thegiveawaydiva.blogspot.com today and took interest in it,if you don't mind i will like to know you much better,although i came online to look for a true and loving person that is ready for a true, honest and loving relationship, i believe you are the kind of person am talking about,if you don't mind send me a mail now on my private box sandradon40@yahoo.com,so that i will tell you all about myself and a picture of myself.looking forward to hear from you.
Sandra

So please be wary!! If you ever get an email like this with my blog in it, ask me! I will never give your email away to others and I won't send you emails unless you request it! That being the case, stupid spammers can still get your emails when you enter giveaways! So please ask me! I will be more than happy to let you know if it's a spammer at work!

I'm going to email this Miss Sandra to see what she really wants! It really sucks that people especially spammers use my blog for their own purposes or to make up a fake connection. Seriously these spammers should be punished maybe get their Internet privileges revoked!

From now on I'm going to hide all the responses from past contests in the hope that this can further protect my reader's privacy!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of revoking internet privileges... if only!! :)

Kirsten said...

That sucks. I hope no one falls for it.
There is nothing you can do about it but I can imagine you still feel a bit responsible. Not that you are in anyway.

Maybe it would help to remind people not to put the email in the comments but write some this mindermutsig at gmail dot com. Makes it a bit harder for spammers to get the email address.

Deb said...

I wouldn't advise emailing "miss sandra". If you do, then she/he/whoever has YOUR email too! Best thing to do is ignore them. They are just waiting for someone to bite the bait they dangle. They most likely aren't even in the USA or Canada, so any kind of "stop this or I'm going to report you" warning just gets a laugh from them. They are beyond any jurisdiction.

Tart Deco said...

I agree with Deb. Perhaps you could create a new email purely just to find out about it then delete it? Just a thought...

Monika said...

I also got the same message from sandradon40@yahoo.com

What should I do now ?

Please reply soon.