Friday, March 26, 2010

Prom 2010 Event: Miss Ruby Sue Review

I am so excited to be hosting a Prom 2010 Event! I'm graduating this year and I realized that so many readers might also be grading too! Although I am graduating from university it's totally different from a high school prom which seems to be more intense and elaborate, I wanted to have an event that offered some great ideas for such things as jewelry, make-up and even dresses! And yes the grand prize giveaway will be an actual grad dress!!!!


Our first featured sponsor is the very lovely Miss Ruby Sue! With spring coming the flowers are blooming everywhere which I totally love! This isn't just in gardens but in fashion as well! In fact H&M has this amazing Garden Collection coming out and it's just amazing! And a great way to incorporate flowers into your wardrobe is through accessories! This is where Miss Ruby Sue comes in!


Miss Ruby Sue is the leading premier original couture accessories line of womens' silk statement necklaces, bracelets, handbags and hairpieces. She offers accessories that truly makes you stand out and will definitely get you noticed in a crowd. Any of her accessories can turn basics into the highest levels of fashion and style. Although she has many amazing wedding accessories that will compliment your big day perfectly, Miss Ruby Sue excels in providing high end fashion to everyday life, because it's my motto that you should be fabulous everyday and not save it for a special occasion!



Miss Ruby Sue is the baby of Lori who is a 36 year old mother of 4 beautiful children and one black Llasa Apso dog. Miss Ruby Sue, first launched in 2008 on Etsy has quickly become well recognized for her fine attention to details and couture styling. It is easy to see why she has been featured in so many different media outlets such as Small Magazine and Martha Stewart; been featured on many design blogs; and even been featured on many well regarded television shows including Good Morning America, The View and the Today Show! Her pieces have also graced the likes of Courtney Love and Joy Baher a co-host of The View. You can also find "Angles Song' and 'Anthropology' necklaces in select Anthropologie stores in the United States! You know you have something great going on when Anthropologie, the expert in the cool and fashionable wants to carry your line!


Lori's work truly stands true to Miss Ruby Sue's motto in that Miss Ruby Sue radiates effortless charm in bold colors, artistic patterns and a free spirit to make any woman of any age stand-out and feel beautiful.


My Review

Lori was so kind in sending me two pieces from Miss Ruby Sue, Angel's Song and a beautiful hairband! The pieces arrived quickly and was in a large box and nicely wrapped so that they would not be crushed during shipping! I was very excited when I first opened the box and my excitement didn't end there, because when I took out the pieces I was in awe of the beauty of it.


Angel's Song is such a great piece that features whites pinks and sparkle is added by the different embellishments that are vintage findings. So that means that each necklace is unique and one of a kind! It also features a great tulle frill that adds a greater depth to the necklace. I love the pom pom detail that is used instead of having a chain because it is very unexpected but works really well with the design and style of the necklace.



You can tell that necklace is very well made, with the silk flowers being reinforced in the back by heavy felt. All the embellishments are very well secured so you don't have to worry about it falling off. I found that this necklace worked really well with many different outfits. I have worn it dressed up as well as going to school and each time I have worn it I have gotten a lot of great comments and feedback. I find that I really do stand out while wearing this necklace and it definitely gives me a great little bounce in my steps.



The other item is an amazing hairband with a great big bow and silk rose. I am a die hard fan of the fashion in Gossip Girl and I always drool at Blair's amazing hairbands! Well I know that this hairband would totally grace her very fashionable head because this brings major style! Again like with the necklace it provides a big statement and a lot of great comments. The hairband has been wrapped with a raw silk ribbon that really sets off the red of the bow. I really love the size of the bow because it is the perfect size.


You will be so excited to know that Lori had very generously donated an item to be given away on my blog to one very lucky winner! Look for that giveaway on Sunday!

So head on over to Miss Ruby Sue to check out Lori's amazing designs now!

Disclosure: Please note that I was sent product from Miss Ruby Sue in order to conduct an accurate review. No further monetary compensation was provided and all opinions are that of my own.

No comments: