Thursday, April 15, 2010

Made by Maggie Jewelry Designs Review


I love jewelry as all of you may well know and I love discovering cool and talented artists who really take pride in what they make. When you buy products that are handmade as opposed to things that are mass produced you can feel the great time and effort and not to mention the love that each artist puts into it. I was so glad when I got the chance to do a review for Made by Maggie Jewelry Designs.


Made by Maggie is the store that is run by the lovely Maggie who hand makes each design by hand! Maggie is a stay at home mom who is situated in St. Louis and she loves to design! She has amazing jewelry designs and she mainly makes earrings and necklaces. I love her necklaces because they all have many charms on it and each charm adds a unique flair to the piece of jewelry.



Maggie has a lot of options such as her monogrammed line which features the cutest charms with a twist. She also specializes in jewelry for your wedding or for your bridesmaids which is perfect since wedding season is almost upon us. Maggie is very flexible and easy to work with and if you have a certain design in mind and it is not currently in stock in her etsy shop, Maggie is more than willing to work alongside you in order to bring your vision to life.



My Review:

Maggie was so sweet to offer me the chance to review an item from her lovely shop. It took me a while to look through her amazing designs before I finally settled on Winter Dreams necklace.

Each piece that you buy comes lovingly wrapped in a giftbox so that it is ready to be wrapped up and presented to your very lucky recipient. Shipping was quick considering I live in Canada and everything arrived in one piece.


So the lovely necklace features a silver hammered ring that is hangs from a very delicate silver necklace. And from this ring hangs a jumble of charms that includes: a briolette shaped clear Swarovski Crystal, small freshwater pearl, turquoise stone, lavender round faceted crystal and tear drop shaped deep purple Swarovski crystal. The clasp is also adorned with a small freshwater pearl dangle.



My favorite charm has to be the clear crystal because it really shines and adds a great focal point to the necklace.
I really love this necklace because of all the fine details that were included in it. The camera really can't capture the sparkle of the crystals because they sparkle like crazy! I love the length of this necklace because it's just the right length and not too long! I hate when necklaces are too long because then they often get covered by the clothes that I wear! This necklace does not have this problem and I have gotten many compliments on how great it is!


You can also visit Maggie over at her blog where she has lots of great giveaways and discount codes!!!

Also check out Made by Maggie to see more of her amazing designs! And Maggie has generally decided to do a giveaway as well so look out for that!!!

*Disclosure: I was not paid by the sponsor to this post. I was sent a product and all my opinions and ideas are that of my own.