Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Pearl Outlet Review: Perfect for a Graduation or Mother's Day Gift! Prom 2010 Event



Still stressing out about what to get the mom in your life for Mother's Day? With so many great options out there it is always a safe bet to turn to the classics when trying to impress. What better gift to get the women who has raised and loved you a classic such as pearls? The pearls from The Pearl Outlet do not only have amazing quality but amazing prices as well. This would also be a great graduation gift for the recent grad who is going to be looking for a job so I have included it as part of my Prom 2010 Event!

I believe that every women should have at least one pearl necklace in their jewelry collection in order for it to be complete. Although a pearl necklace may seem old fashioned, there are so many different colours that pearls are actually quite hip. The colours that are available for pearls actually spans the rainbow, pearls can be found in gold, pink, purple and even black pearls! And the great thing is that The Pearl Outlet has amazing jewelry that features pearls of every colour.


The Pearl Outlet
was started in 1998 by the Shepherd family with the vision of creating a warm and inviting, family owned business with a personal touch you won't find with most large corporations, while offering only the finest in pearl jewelry at wholesale prices. And a great thing is that it is still being run by the family today, so you can get a great sense of how well they treat their customers. I also love the fact that they believe so strongly in charity that they give generously of both their time and finances. Some of these charities that they are involved with include:
The Pearl Outlet is such a great company that offers many great perks such as free shipping! And as many of you may know, shipping is pretty expensive! They also have great daily deals on their website, where their already heavily discounted pieces are reduced even further for one day! In fact today's daily deal is a tincup pearl necklace that's original value is $200 but it's now only $35!! That's equal to the price of about a weeks worth of Starbucks! So just imagine if you just give up your Starbucks obsession for one week you can have a bracelet that will last a lifetime!

The Pearl Outlet have a great selection of different types of pearls including: Akoya Pearls, Freshwater Pearls, Tahitian Pearls and South Sea Pearls. The reason why they can offer their pearls at such a discounted rate is because they are essentially selling it to you at wholesale prices as opposed to the heavily marked up prices that you would pay if you had bought them from a retailer. The Pearl Outlet is able to offer you exceptional prices and exceptional quality at amazing prices that is often up to 80% cheaper than retail!! So more money will stay in your wallet while you get an exceptional piece that your loved one will cherish forever.


My Review:


The representative that I communicated with from The Pearl Outlet was so generous in offering me a chance to review an item and it took me such a long time to finally decide upon a product. There were just too many great options and colours and designs, but I finally decided upon reviewing The Complete Black Freshwater Pearl Set.



The items came so quickly and I was also mailed a Certificate of Replacement Value which was great for insurance purposes. Also I was so shocked at the replacement value that was quoted on the certificate because it stated that the value was $1085 but the price that The Pearl Outlet was selling it at was only $145!


The set came in a beautiful box that was lined in silk and the pearls rested on a bed of soft velvet to ensure that the pearls would be protected. The carrying case was very elegant and it made such a great impression when I first opened it.

The Pearl Outlet also offers a great Buyers Guide that is packed with information for the first time pearl buyer that goes through such things as the size of pearls to get, the length of the necklace as well as how to care for them! I didn't realize that you should carefully wipe your pearls after each use with a soft cloth because the oils in your skin can cause the pearls to dull over time, but after reading the Buyers Guide I was well informed about how to best care for them to ensure that they will be beautiful for years to come.

I was very impressed with this complete freshwater set of AA+ quality color treated black pearls which includes a 18" necklace, 7 1/2" bracelet, and stud earrings. The necklace and bracelet are composed of 7.5mm pearls. The clasps and studs are solid 14k gold.



The bracelet was a bit big on me, but all bracelets are so I'm used to it. But I could really feel how weighty the bracelet felt on my hand. Such a difference from the fake pearl bracelet that I would wear.
As you can see I'm wearing the whole set and I'm so in love with it! I gave the pearls a good once over and I didn't see any marks or scratches and the pearls were perfectly round. I can tell that these pearls are of great quality and they have such a deep and shiny luster. They are actually darker than the pictures that are on The Pearl Outlet website, but I can still see hints of blues and purples and greens when the light hits it.

At first I had problems with working the clasp of the necklace but after a while you can get the hang of it. I'd actually want the clasp to be difficult because that means that your necklace will stay in place and not fall off! I have gotten so many great compliments on my set and it works perfectly for dressed up events as well as casually with a t-shirt and jeans!


So head on over to The Pearl Outlet now in order to take advantage of their amazing prices and look forward to a giveaway sponsored by them soon!

5 comments:

Atypical Girl said...

That's a beautiful black pearl set!

Chris said...

Oooh...I really like image #7, but I can't find it on the website! Do they still sell it?

The Giveaway Diva said...

hi chris! not sure what image you are referring to but all the images are of pieces that are available on their website! I can let you know the direct link if you'd like!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.