Friday, May 14, 2010

Nourish Bath and Body



I love how companies are now becoming more conscious of health as well as the ingredients that they use in their products. As a result this often leads to other companies springing up in order to meet gaps in the market. Ever since I learned about all the harmful things that we are subjecting our body to by using conventional mass market products I have tried to use more natural as well as eco-friendly products. The products from Nourish Bath and Body have greatly helped in this quest.

Nourish is highly focused upon providing quality products. Quality is the name of the game when it comes to hand made bath and body products. Once you try their soap and other products, you'll never want to go back to commercial bars again - the difference in how it makes your skin feel is quite striking.

Commercial bars are often not "true" soap - they are typically harsh, cheap surfactants mixed with cow or pig fat soap (aka sodium tallowate or sodium lardate on the ingredients label), with extra moisturizing oils and glycerin removed to increase the shelf life. Nourish has soaps that are made with high quality plant-based oils, with a little extra added for a super moisturizing bar. You may realize that after using for a few days you no longer need lotion. Natural soap is also a great choice for those with sensitive skin or eczema - unscented soap especially. Nourish also prides themselves for using all vegan ingredients as well!

Most of the products from Nourish come in the form of bars. This avoids the need for plastic packaging and is better for the environment. All bars are wrapped in biodegradable, 100% recyclable vellum paper.

Nourish offers other great products including lip care, body care products and even purfume!

My Review:




The lovely representative from Nourish was so kind in sending me three amazing pieces from their haircare line. I was sent Rosemary Mint Solid Shampoo, Rosemary Mint Solid Conditioner, and an Essential Deep Conditioning Hair Serum.

The products arrived and I loved that as soon as I opened the box the lovely scent of mint and rosemary hit me! I loved the wrapping that these products came wrapped in and it gave it a really elegant and high class look to it. It had a great scent and I loved the fact that it reduces the need for packaging.



I have never used a solid shampoo or conditioner before and I was very curious to try it. I was going to take the plunge and when Nourish offered to let me do a review I was so pleased! At first I was unsure how to use it but then I realized that it was as easy as using soap. All you have to do is to rub the bar in order to get a nice lather! It is almost exactly like a soap bar but for your hair. After using the Rosemary Mint Solid Shampoo I noticed that my hair was much more smoother and moisturized in comparison to when I wash my hair with conventional shampoo. The reason being is because products from Nourish contain products that won't strip the natural oils from your hair. That's why you usually have to use conditioner because your shampoo robs your hair of moisture! The only thing that I didn't like about this product was storing it after I used it, but this was easily solved by me placing it in a portable soap container.



I also got to use the hair serum and I was pleased with the results that I got! It is suggested that you leave the serum on overnight for maximum results. So following the rules because I wanted silky hair I left it on overnight and washed it off in the morning. I could definelty feel a big difference in how my hair felt and this product really does work!


They have a great sale going on as well as shipping for only $2.99! So go check out Nourish today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.