Monday, July 19, 2010

Misikko Review


I love having long hair and I can't even remember the last time that I actually had short hair. Let's just say that my face shape is not made to carry a bob. I've always wanted to try but I'm so scared that it will make me look like a chipmunk with tons of nuts in my cheeks. Having long hair can be problematic at times because it's so hard to maintain and I absolutely hate combing my hair! I know that's weird but I guess that I prefer to use my hands to comb my hair.



But due to the summer and beaching and swimming I have noticed that my hair has become more frizzy and unmanageable. That is why I was so glad to do a review for Misikko because they have a great and large selection of Professional Hair Straighteners as well as some of the best hair dryers that are in the market. They also have other great products that are great for beauty and hair care.


I love how easy it is to navagate Misikko's website because they offer a great section of products that are for the more budget-friendly beauty lover in their Products Under $100 Section. If you are unsure about what hair iron or hair dryer to get you can also look under their Top Sellers section.



Misikko offers top quality brands that are used in salons and by well renowned hairstylists. Some of the brands that they offer include Farouk Chi, Hana, T3 Tourmaline and so many other great brands. Misikko is currently having a great sale and they are offering free shipping on all purchases over $50. They also offer a hand heat proof mat with most irons that are so convenient because they can also be used as a traveling pouch, which is valued at $20!

My Review:


Misikko was supposed to send me the Hana Professional 1" Pink Edition but due to a mix up and low stocks because they are such a popular iron I was sent the Corioliss Zebra Flat Iron-Profix 1" instead. But I will be able to review the Hana Iron once they have more stock.


This is how the iron was sent to me and it is such a great presentation. I love that Misikko is so dedicated to all of the little details. It truly makes the experience that much more unique and the fact that they are willing to put so much time and effort into the presentation as opposed to just sending the items in a plain box.


This is what came packed in the box that the iron was shipped in! Look at all of the amazing goodies that Misikko sent me! It was totally unexpected and I was very thankful. And don't think that this was a little something something because I was a blogger and they want a favorable review, all of their orders come with extra goodies!


Along with the iron and heating pad the other goodies that were included were some great decorative flowers, a bunch of nail files on a key chain which is so convenient for the girl on the go, two FHI Heat T-Rex Hair Clips in white ($7.50)that are a must have for hair styling properly, and a bottle of Shine shield!


I was so lucky to be also sent a bottle of Hana Shine Shield Thermal Protection! Shine Shield is a thermal serum that can be used as a leave-in conditioner - lightweight and never greasy, it protects and strengthens hair whether you use it with a flat iron, hair dryer or alone. Shine Shield contains the natural magic of Jojoba oil for its superb qualities of deep moisturization, fast absorption into hair follicles and scalp, and unparalleled shimmer & shine. It helped make my hair nice and shiny and still retained the moisture in my hair! I also rested easy knowing that my hair was protected! It's well worth the $20 price tag.


I loved loved loved the great look of Corioliss Zebra Flat Iron-Profix 1" because I loved the great zebra print! I thought it was so cute and it looked so great. I also loved that it was only 1" because I found it easy to manage and it was easier to concentrate on the different strands of my hair.



The regular price of this great iron is usually $280.00 but at Misikko it's an astounding $109.00! And that's with free shipping to! That means you save 61%! Such a great deal for a great gift or if you just wanted to treat yourself.

The iron has so many great features that include:
  • Tourmaline treated ceramic plates for maximum negative ions and hair-healthy far infrared heat, creating ultra-shiny, frizz-free results
  • 1” plate size for easy styling of short to medium length hair
  • Straighten, flip or curl
  • Nano silver treated for hygiene - kills bacteria
  • Heats up in less than 6 seconds
  • 410°F - great for great for all hair types including ethnic hair textures.
  • Convenient on/off switch
  • 1 year manufacturer warranty
  • Note: Plate Color May be White Due to Changes in Newest Production Run

I love that iron has many heat settings so that you can adjust it according to how you want it. I love that iron has many great options because not only can you straighten your hair, but you can also use it to flip your hair or even curl it...versatility at it's best! I love using this iron to curl my hair because I am cursed or blessed with thick Asian hair, so I would always find that when I used curling irons (which were often cheapie drugstore brands) my hair would never hold a curl...even with a whole bottle of hairspray. But with the Corioliss, my hair is able to hold a curl for literally days!


Thanks to the generous people over at Misikko I will have a giveaway of a great curling iron soon! Stay tuned! But for now check out the awesome sale going over at Misikko!
*Disclosure: Please note that I was sent the above items by Misikko in order to conduct an informed review. I was not sent any other monetary compensation and thus all opinions expressed in this post are that of my own.

No comments: