Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wendy Mink Jewelry Review



My love for amazing jewelry has allowed me to explore so many great jewelry lines and get to know the designers behind these amazing brands. I was very excited when I got the chance to team up with the amazing line of Wendy Mink Jewelry!



Wendy Mink Jewelry is a jewelry line that has humble roots starting in Wendy's apartment where she and her friends would create amazing pieces for trade shows. What started out as a small business soon snowballed when people began noticing the fresh and beautiful pieces that Wendy Mink Jewelry had to offer.


Wendy Mink Jewelry designs features hand cut stones exclusively sourced from India. Every stone, bead and charm is hand-wrapped with gold-filled wire with some individual styles taking hours to complete. It great to know that all Wendy Mink Jewelry jewelry is made in exactly the same way as it was when the company began, the exception being we are now not in Wendy's own apartment!



Wendy Mink Jewelry has an amazing variety of different jewelry with lines dedicated to brides and even for the girl who craves simplicity. I have to say that my favorite line has to be the Empress and I seriously love every single piece in that collection! Wendy's pieces are definitely not designed to blend in but rather to act as a eyegrabber!

I'm not the only one that absolutely loves Wendy Mink Jewelry, there are countless publications that have featured her work including: OK magazine, Lucky, InStyle, Cosmo, People and so much more!


Wendy Mink Jewelry can be purchased from her online site, countless other online retailers, boutiques around the world and of course her own freestanding boutique in New York that features so many more designs that can't be found on her online site! You know a jewelry line is super successful if there is a whole shop for their designs!


You can follow Wendy Mink Jewelry on their facebook page here or keep up to date on all the behind the scenes action on their great blog!

My Review:


The lovely Amy from Wendy Mink Jewelry agreed to let me do a review on an amazing piece and I was beyond ecstatic when I found out!


This is the amazing packaging that the item I got to review came in! Please note the amazing and very sweet personalized note that was included in my package!


The packaging was so sweet and so convenient because I can use it to store other necklaces so that they won't get tangled!
The item that I got to review was the Ocean Cluster Chain! This delicate cluster of semi-precious ocean apatite, blue topaz (larger drop) and green onyx coin hangs on a delicate 16" chain which is gold-filled and total length of necklace is 18".


I can tell why this necklace is called the Ocean Cluster Chain! The greens and different hues of blue that are featured in this necklace truly reminds me of the ocean and makes me remember all the good times that are associated with being near the water.


I love the look of the necklace and although you can't really tell in the pictures the necklace is super sparkly! I love all the gems that were included in this necklace and I really love the design too! I love the different components that are included in this necklace and the different shapes from the green onyx coin and the large blue topaz drop!

Doesn't this necklace look amazing on me? I love wearing this necklace with both casual and more dressier outfits and it works well with whatever I wear!


3 comments:

melanie said...

There are no rules as to how to enter, but I would LOVE to win this! I really could use some updated jewelry for the fall! Thank you!

mi3ragamuffins at aol dot com

The Giveaway Diva said...

Hi melanie

Opps this was supposed to be a draft only since I need to find out details from the sponsor!

renuka said...

Great............. Costume jewelry's were invented to go with all costumes and not like traditional one's for keepsake. Costume pearl jewelry is just perfect with any costume. Recently I purchased one from the site www.kaneesha.com and was surprised to see their collection and an extensive range of designs.