Monday, November 29, 2010

Neiman Marcus Christmas Book: Lots to Love

Have any of you started Christmas shopping yet? Although there is less than a month left I still feel like I have lots of time, but I know that I'm just kidding myself because during the holidays the days seem to magically disappear until it is too late and I'm fighting tooth and nail with all the other shoppers who put shopping off to the last minute.

While I hate trying to beat the overwelming waves of shoppers I do love flipping through the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book I love the amazing graphics as well as the drool worthy picks on each page. I love that they have such a great theme of animals this year....is it wrong that I kinda secretly lust over getting my hands on those furry critters almost as much as the lovely bags and jewelry that is featured beside it?


This amazing ruby red Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Bag retails at $3,400. Does anyone else find it kind of ironic that a zebra is being featured next to a croc bag? I have horror video clips of crocs lunging out of the water to make a tasty meal out of a baby zebra running through my head...wonder if the stylists had the same idea.

If you got this lifesize playhouse that is actually edible you better hope that your family loves gingerbread! It is handcrafted from 381 lbs. of gourmet gingerbread and 517 lbs. of royal icing by the confectioners at Dylan’s Candy Bar. Standing 6.6 feet high by 5.25 feet wide by 4.1 feet deep, it includes giant cookies, lollipops, gummies, mints, gumdrops and a candy-encrusted roof, plus a lollipop tree inside. Price for years worth of cavities: $15,000

I would love to get my hands on this amazing one of a kind diamond charm bracelet that commemorates Neiman Marcus' tradition of his and her gifts. But sadly I don't have $248,000 dollars lying around and I doubt I'll find enough change in my couch to even buy one charm.


Got a swimming pool? Does your swimming pool lack a certain pizazz? Well if you happen to have 1.5 million dollars (!!!) burning a hole in your pocket you can get a privately commissioned art installation by renowned glass sculptor Dale Chihuly measuring up to 22 by 12 feet -- at the bottom of your swimming pool. For that kind of money I would be so afraid to even jump in my pool in the fear of possibly breaking the glass art!!!

So what do you think of these gifts? Would you ever consider getting anything off Neiman Marcus' Christmas Book?

No comments: