Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cross Fire by James Patterson Book Review


I am a huge James Patterson fan! All it took was one book and I am hooked for life! I swear it's like a drug I literally think about reading a Patterson book if I don't finish it and I can't sleep when I'm immersed in the pages of his latest thriller. Hey but I'm not alone in my addiction to James Patterson's addicting thrillers in fact his bio speaks for itself:

James Patterson has had more New York Times bestsellers than any other writer, ever, according to Guinness World Records. Since his first novel won the Edgar Award in 1977, James Patterson's books have sold more than 180 million copies. He is the author of the Alex Cross novels, the most popular detective series of the past twenty-five years, including Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider. Mr. Patterson also writes the bestselling Women's Murder Club novels, set in San Francisco, and the top-selling New York detective series of all time, featuring Detective Michael Bennett.

Here is a description of the book from the Hachette Book Website:

Wedding bells ring

Detective Alex Cross and Bree's wedding plans are put on hold when Alex is called to the scene of the perfectly executed assassination of two of Washington D.C.'s most corrupt: a dirty congressmen and an underhanded lobbyist. Next, the elusive gunman begins picking off other crooked politicians, sparking a blaze of theories--is the marksman a hero or a vigilante?

A murderer returns

The case explodes, and the FBI assigns agent Max Siegel to the investigation. As Alex and Siegel battle over jurisdiction, the murders continue. It becomes clear that they are the work of a professional who has detailed knowledge of his victims' movements--information that only a Washington insider could possess.

Caught in a lethal cross fire

As Alex contends with the sniper, Siegel, and the wedding, he receives a call from his deadliest adversary, Kyle Craig. The Mastermind is in D.C. and will not relent until he has eliminated Cross and his family for good. With a supercharged blend of action, deception, and suspense, Cross Fire is James Patterson's most visceral and exciting Alex Cross novel ever.

My Review:

Seriously I don't think Patterson could ever write a novel that is boring. As you read the different series you really get to know the main character and their families so well! I have read all the books in the Alex Cross series and I'm so happy that I got to review Cross Fire.

I'm not going to give out too many details because I'm sure many of you want to read it or may not know the back story that has developed throughout this series but Kyle Craig aka the Mastermind is back!!! Although it may be confusing if you just read this book and none of the others in the series it's totally managable and easy to pick up!

Since Kyle used to work with Alex in the FBI before he was put away and the fact that he has vowed revenge on Alex makes this even more heart-stoppingly intense.

I would definitely recommend Cross Fire or any other James Patterson book for that matter! Thanks to Brad and The Hachette Book Group for providing me with a copy to review!

*Disclosure: Please note that I was sent this book from Hachette Book Group in order to conduct this review and no other monetary compensation was provided

No comments: